What is your current solution when you need to remove rust from a metal part? Do you deal with the hassle of abrasive blasting? Do you resort to chemicals?
Whatever your answer may be, there is a simpler way, and that is to use a laser rust removal machine.
This post is going to point you toward a few powerful, effective laser rust removal machines that are ideal for a wide range of industrial applications.
But first, let’s explain a bit more about the laser removal process and technology, and go over its advantages.
As the name suggests, a laser rust removal machine uses a precisely aimed laser to remove rust from the surface of metal without damaging the metal.
The key to doing this successfully is to pick an ablation setting that is sufficient to remove the rust, but below what would harm the metal. The energy from the laser takes off the rust, and then converts into heat. The heat disperses, and the metal is left as good as new.
The thicker the coating of rust, the more power you need to get the job done. Higher power units also can work through rust faster, helping you complete tough jobs in less time.
Why Use A Laser Cleaning Machine For Rust Removal?
Here are some of the advantages that laser rust removal machines offer over other methods for removing rust from metal:
- Save effort: Have you ever tried to manually remove rust from metal? If so, you know it takes an insane amount of work, and the results are usually less than satisfying.
- Save time: Traditional methods of rust removal are time-consuming. With laser rust removal, jobs that took hours with other methods can be completed in minutes. You can move on quickly to your next tasks, increasing your productivity.
- Save stress: Other methods of removing rust can not only be time-consuming and laborious, but simply frustrating. In particular, abrasive blasting machines often require you to pause your work so you can get rid of sand or replace the nozzle. You can say goodbye to that type of stress when you use a laser.
- Remove rust more effectively: Laser rust removal does a remarkably good job. When you are finished, you will look at your rust-free surfaces and have a hard time imagining they were coated in rust before you started working.
- Remove rust more safely: You should use your laser rust removal machine with a Class-1 laser safety enclosure and a dust extraction system. If you do that, the process is very safe.
- Avoid damaging the metal: When you use abrasive techniques to remove rust from metal, there is a chance that you will end up abrading the metal itself. Sometimes this might show up as immediate damage, while other times, the damage might occur after repeated rust removal efforts. Regardless, this is a situation you can avoid completely by using a laser rust removal machine. The laser will not harm the surface; it will leave it as smooth and unblemished as ever.
- Go green: Removing rust using chemicals results in needing to dump those chemicals, which can be time-consuming and expensive, while adding to pollution. There is no such chemical waste resulting from the laser rust removal process. This makes it an eco-friendly alternative.
Once you experience the convenience of laser rust removal, you will wonder why it took you so long to get a machine.
Top Laser Rust Removal Tools
Now that you understand more about the benefits of laser rust removal as well as how it works, we can check out some of the top machines that are on the market right now.
1. Xincheng Precision 3000W Fiber Laser Cleaning Machine
For those in search of high-power laser rust removal, the Xincheng Precision 3000W Hand-Held Fiber Laser Cleaning Machine is worth a look. This product not only can be used to remove rust, but also oil, paint and coatings. The cleaning head is hand-held, providing you with excellent precision and versatility. Let’s take a closer look.
- Model: BLC-3000
- Laser source power: 3000W
- Laser wavelength: 1080±10nm
- Laser type: Continouous/Modulation
- Maximum modulation frequency: 20KHz
- Cable length: 20m
- Max.scan width: 160±10mm
- Power configuration: AC380V±7% 13KW
- Cooling method: Water cooling
- Water tank capacity: 16L[14-15L of water to be added]
- Machine Dimension: 1240*584*1148(mm)
- With 3000W, this unit packs a lot more power than many competing products, making it suitable even for the toughest jobs.
- Even with its high power, the laser removal machine is not an energy hog, thanks to a combination of direct cooling and heat dissipation. Since it gets the job done fast, you do not have to run it for as long as you would some other appliances.
- The machine is portable and you can push it around where you need it. Both the design of the push handle and the upgraded hand-held laser cleaning head are ergonomic and user-friendly. You will appreciate how lightweight the cleaning head is, keeping fatigue to a minimum no matter what you are working on.
- The lens will not burn even if you operate the device for an extended period of time.
- To help you control where you are removing the rust effectively, this machine is equipped with red light assisted positioning.
- This laser rust removal machine has been subjected to extensive testing to ensure that it is safe. Double-click operation also prevents you from starting the machine accidentally, further enhancing safety.
- The biggest drawback with this unit is its price, which is far higher than that of many competing laser rust removal machines. But if you can afford it, the excellent features and design coupled with the high power can make it a worthy purchase.
Why You’ll Love It
The Xincheng Precision 3000W Hand-Held Fiber Laser Cleaning Machine is incredibly versatile. It does just as well with gentle jobs that require the utmost precision and care as it does heavy-duty jobs that require a high amount of power.
2. US Stock LYXC Handheld Laser Cleaning Machine MAX 1000W Laser Cleaner Machine for Rust Removal
Next on our list of recommended laser rust removal guns is the US Stock LYXC Handheld Laser Cleaning Machine MAX 1000W. While this unit is not quite as powerful as the one above, it is a good deal more cost-effective. It is also available in 1500W and 2000W.
- Laser Source Power: 1000W/1500W/2000W
- Scanning Width: 160±10mm
- Laser Type: Continuous/Modulation
- Total Power: 6000-10000W(Including Chiller)
- Cleaning Efficiency: 15-45㎡/h
- Cable Length: Standard 10m(customizable 15m)
- Laser Wavelength: 1080±1nm
- Input Voltage: 220V, 1Phase
- Environment Humidity: ≤70% No Condensation
- Cooling Method: Water Cooling
- Cooling Water Requirements: Purifiedor Distilled Water
- Machine Dimension(mm): 870*560*1050
- Machine Weight(kg):145/165/180
- You will not need to worry about burning the lens when you operate this device.
- This unit is compact and portable. Pushing it around is easy with the handle and wheels, and it is also small enough to stow in most vehicles.
- The touch screen is user-friendly and makes the appliance easy to operate. With both pulse and continuous working modes, you can select the setting that best fits your job.
- This device is energy-efficient and features dual temperature adjustment.
- This unit may not have enough power to handle the most heavy-duty jobs.
- Setup usually goes smooth, but there may sometimes be exceptions. Thankfully, you can count on a solid customer support team if you have any questions.
Why You’ll Love It
Most users do not need 3000W of power, and will discover that they can accomplish most jobs easily with the US Stock LYXC Handheld Laser Cleaning Machine MAX. It takes just minutes to remove paint, rust, oil and coatings. You will appreciate the ease-of-use and cost-effectiveness of the appliance.
3. Luoyang Xincheng WTTTOOLS 1500 W Laser Rust Removal Machine
Another option to think about is the Luoyang Xincheng WTTTOOLS 1500 W Laser Rust Removal Machine. This machine comes in four different wattages ranging from 1000W to 3000W, ensuring that you can find the perfect model for your needs.
- Model: BLC-1000/BLC-1500/BLC-2000/BLC-3000
- Laser Source Power: 1000 W/1500 W/2000 W/3000 W
- Laser Wavelength: Coherent/Modulation
- Maximum Modulation Frequency: 20KHz
- MAX. SCAN WIDTH: 10-160mm
- Max. Scan Width: 6 kw/8 kw/10 kw AC220V±10% Single phase; 14 kw AC380V±7%
- Cooling Method: Water cooling
- MACHINE DIMENSION: 33.27*18.11*23.82in(BLC-1000/BLC-1500), 35.63*18.9*24.8in(BLC-2000), 48.82*22.99*45.22in(BLC-3000)
- Machine Dimension: 44.09*22.24*41.34in(BLC-1000/BLC-1500/BLC-2000); 56.3*28.35*48.03in(BLC-3000)
- Net Weight: 233.69lbs/249.12lbs/320.03lbs/518.09lbs
- Gross Weight: 304.24lbs/319.67lbs/372.58lbs/617.29lbs
- Water Tank Capacity: 16L(14-15L of water to be added)
- This device operates with excellent consistency in terms of power output.
- To help you perform precision work, the laser cleaning gun includes red light positioning.
- The cable is contained in flame-retardant fabric as a safety measure. Another safety feature is the double-click switch. We also like that the cable is long enough that you can move the machine around within a fairly large area without having to worry about finding another outlet.
- Users in environments with a lot of dust may be looking at some extra maintenance. To minimize that maintenance, adding filters is a must.
Why You’ll Love It
Not only does this laser rust removal machine do an excellent job, but the components seem to hold up to regular use very well over an extended time period. So, there are no concerns about longevity.
Additionally, this is a very easy-to-use machine. Even a beginner should not take long to figure out how to remove rust and more from metal surfaces using this appliance.
Remove Rust the Easy Way
You have had a chance to compare some of the best laser rust removal machines. Any one of these machines can help you quickly, easily, safely and effectively remove rust from a wide range of surfaces without the drawbacks that come with chemical removal or abrasive blasting. Click on any of the links in this post to get your laser rust removal machine now.